R‑Studio is a family of file restoring utilities. It recovers files both on local drives and on drives on remote computers over network, even if their partition structures are damaged. A unique IntelligentScan technology and flexible parameter settings give you real control over the fastest data recovery ever seen.
• Standard "Windows Explorer" - style interface.
• Host OS: An Intel-compatible platform running Windows 10 /8.1/8 /7 /Vista /XP /2000 Windows Server 2019 /2016 /2012 /2008 /2003.
• Automatic check for updates.
• Remotely recovers data over network. Data can be recovered on network computers running Windows, MacOS X, Linux, and some other UNIX OS.
• Supported file systems :
Windows : FAT12, FAT16, FAT32, exFAT, NTFS, NTFS5, ReFS/ReFS2+ file (Resilient File System); ReFS for Windows Server 2019 (including deduplication).
macOS: HFS, HFS+, HFSX, APFS, FAT/exFAT;
Linux and UNIX: Ext2/3/4FS and XFS (created by Linux or other OS), and UFS1, UFS2, UFS BigEndian (used by the FreeBSD, OpenBSD, and NetBSD operating systems);
Magnetic tape devices: UStar/Tar/CPIO/Pax ( R‑Studio Technician/T80+ ).
Please note, that when a file is being deleted on the HFS, HFS+, HFSX file systems, the computer completely removes all system information on it, and there is no way to recover the deleted file except by using the Extra Search for Known File Types option. Nevertheless, R‑Studio is able to read existing files from HFS, HFS+, and HFSX disks.
• Support for known file types. R‑Studio searches for files with known typical features of their structures allowing the user to search for files on devices with unknown files systems, including an HD, CD, DVD, floppy disk, Compact Flash Card, USB drive, ZIP drive, Memory Sticks, and other removable media.
• Scan process visualization. While scanning an object, R‑Studio graphically shows items that have been found, including files of known types, FAT and NTFS MFT records, boot records, etc.
• Mass file recovery support.
• Support for estimation of chances for successful recovery.
• Support for file recovery lists - lists of files that can be exported from R‑Studio , manually edited, and then loaded back. Files from such lists will be automatically marked for recovery.
• APM, Basic and GPT support. R‑Studio supports all three partition schemes used to define the low-level organization of data on drives formatted for use with Macintosh computers.
• Dynamic disk support.
• Software RAID, volume set, and stripe set support. Support for RAID 6, RAID 5, and RAID 4 layouts. Support for custom RAID layouts. Parameters like block size and order, offsets, and even the number of stripe blocks can be explicitly specified. Custom RAID configurations can be saved.
• Support for Windows Storage Spaces , created by Windows 8/8.1 and Windows 10/Threshold 2/Anniversary/Fall Creators updates.
• Support for Apple software RAIDs
• Support for Apple CoreStorage/FileVault/Fusion Drive Volumes
• Support for Linux mdadm Volumes
• Support for Linux LVM/LVM2
• Support for Intel Software RAID.
• Hardware RAID, volume set, and stripe set support.
• RAID consistency check (check for valid data parity values).
• Automatic RAID parameter recognition.
• Virtual objects can be mounted in the host system as read-only virtual drives. They can remain mounted even then R‑Studio has been closed.
• Creates image files for an entire drive, logical disk, or its part. Such image files can be processed like regular drives. Images can be either simple exact object copies (Plain images), compatible with VmWare Virtual Machine disks (in the Corporate and Technician/T80+ versions), or R-Drive Image compatible that can be compressed, split into several parts, and password-protected. Images may be saved either on the local or remote computer. Image creation can be stopped and then resumed. R‑Studio can scan objects while creating their images. R‑Studio Technician/T80+ supports multi-pass and runtime imaging. Images can be mounted in the operating system as devices which makes their content accessible to any program including any other data recovery software.
• Recovers files on damaged or deleted partitions.
• Recovers compressed files (NTFS, NTFS5).
• Recovers encrypted files (NTFS5).
• Recovers alternative data streams (NTFS, NTFS5).
• Support for NTFS deduplication, including Windows Server 2019.
• Support for file system journal on the HFS+ and Ext3/4fs file systems.
• Support for soft updates journal on the UFS file system.
• Support for extended attributes on the HFS+, Ext3/4fs, XFS, and UFS file systems.
• Support for compressed files on the HFS+ file system.
• Recognizes localized names.
• Recovered files can be saved on any (including network) drives visible to the host operating system.
• A hexadecimal disk and file viewer/editor supporting NTFS file non-resident attribute editing. Data alteration is available on the Technician/T80+ and Corporate versions only.
• Patterns (or templates) in the hexadecimal editor allowing for parsing the data according to specific data structure. Such patterns may be custom-created.
• File preview. Most of the file types can be previewed to estimate recovery chances.
• Enhanced remote host scanning procedure. In the R‑Studio network versions, data is analyzed on the remote host rather than on the home host, thereby the speed of recovery procedure greatly increases. The scan information may be saved either on the local or remote computer.
• Recovered files may be saved on a drive on a connected remote computer rather than be transferred over network to the local one. Saving recovered files on a remote computer may be useful when the remote computer has a healthy drive because you do not have to transfer files over network. It may be an external USB drive, for example.
• Support for S.M.A.R.T. (Self-Monitoring, Analysis and Reporting Technology) attribute monitoring.
• R‑Studio Emergency *. The R‑Studio Emergency version starts from a floppy or compact disc when it is necessary to recover data on a computer, on which Windows cannot start up because its system files are corrupted or deleted.
*The R‑Studio Emergency is a part of the R‑Studio software package. When you buy an R‑Studio single license you may run the R‑Studio Emergency or/and install the R‑Studio Windows version on one PC only and you may not transfer the licensed software to another PC.
R‑Studio features available in the Technician/T80+ versions:
• Magnetic tape devices file system: UStar/Tar/CPIO/Pax .
• Drive Copy Wizard to copy any object in the Drives panel to any other object. In addition to byte to byte copy of any object visible in the Drives panel, smart copy of partitions and drives is available.
• Reverse RAIDs : A technique that decomposes real drive objects into virtual RAIDs. Then those components of reverse RAID scan be processed like real objects. They can be viewed, edited, imaged, copied to physical
• Support for third-party hardware .
• Forensic mode .
R‑Studio recovers files:
• That have been removed without the Recycle Bin , or when the Recycle Bin has been emptied;
• Removed by virus attack or power failure;
• After the partition with the files was reformatted, even for a different file system;
• When the partition structure on a drive was changed or damaged. In this case, R‑Studio can scan the drive trying to find previously existed partitions and recover files from found partitions.
• From drives with bad sectors. In this case, R‑Studio can first copy the entire drives or its part into an image file and then process such image file.
R‑Studio can create image files for an entire drive, logical disk, or its part. Such image files can be processed like regular drives. Images are very useful if there is a risk of total data loss due to hardware malfunction. If bad blocks are constantly appearing on a drive, the only way to save the data is to immediately create an image of that drive. All data search, scan and recovery can be done from this image.