R-Studio Emergency Linux version can be used as an emergency agent for R-Studio . Moreover, if you have a Mac computer, this is the only way to start it with R-Studio Agent Emergency.
To start the computer with the R-Studio Emergency/Agent startup CD/DVD disc or any removable device ,
|1||Make sure that the first startup device in the system BIOS is the CD/DVD drive or the removable device|
Disable " Secure boot " in the system BIOS if your computer is certified to run Windows 8. Refer to your system documentation for details.
|2||Insert the R-Studio Emergency startup CD/DVD disc or the removable device and start your computer|
To start a Mac computer with the R-Studio Emergency startup disk,
1. Insert a CD/DVD disc or connect a USB disk
2. Switch the Mac on.
3. While loading, press the Option key on the Mac keyboard (the Alt key if you use a non-Apple keyboard).
4. Select the EFI boot disk and press Enter .
R-Studio Emergency will start loading.
Then a startup screen will appear:
|2||Select the R-Studio Agent Emergency to run R-Studio Emergency as an emergency agent.|
|>||R-Studio Agent Emergency will start and its prompt will appear|
The computer running R-Studio Agent Emergency will be assigned an IP address automatically
A prompt with a computer address will appear. You need to remember it to access the computer via network.
You need to configure the interfaces and IP addresses manually.
1. Press Enter to start configuring the settings. A prompt to select an interface will appear. Enter the selected interface name and press Enter .
2. A prompt to enter its IP address and optional subnet mask will appear. Enter the IP address and optional subnet mask and press Enter .
3. A prompt to configure another interface, gateway, or to finish configuring the interfaces will appear. Enter gw , enter the IP address of the gateway, and press Enter .
4. Press Enter to finish configuring the interfaces, or enter the name of the next interface to configure.
|>||R-Studio Agent Emergency will show a prompt that is ready to accept connections|
Now the computer may be accessed by R-Studio via network.