© 2019 R-Tools Technology Inc.
All rights reserved.
R-Studio is a family of file restoring utilities. It recovers files both on local disks, even if their partition structures are damaged. A unique IntelligentScan technology and flexible parameter settings give you real control over the fastest data recovery ever seen.
• Host operating systems: macOS High Sierra (10.13), macOS Sierra (10.12), OS X El Capitan (10.11), Yosemite (10.10), Mavericks (10.9), Mountain Lion (10.8), Lion (10.7), Snow Leopard (10.6), Leopard(10.5), Mac OS Server 10.5 Tiger, Mac OS 10.5 Leopard, macOS Server 5.5-5.0, OS X 10.10 (Yosemite Server 4.0), Mac OS X 10.9 (Mavericks Server), 10.8 (Mountain Lion Server), 10.7 (Lion Server), Mac OS X Server 10.6 (Snow Leopard Server) and Mac OS X Server 10.5 (Leopard Server running on a computer with Intel, PowerPC G5 or PowerPC G4 processors.
• Automatic check for updates.
• Remotely recovers data over network. Data can be recovered on network computers running Windows, macOS, Linux, and some other UNIX OS.
• Supported file systems: FAT12, FAT16, FAT32, NTFS, NTFS5 (created and updated by 2000/XP/2003/Vista/2008/7/8/8.1/10), exFAT, ReFS/ReFS2+ file system (Resilient File System, Windows 2012/2016 Server), Ext2/3/4FS (created by Linux or other OS), HFS, HFS+, HFSX, APFS, and UFS1, UFS2, UFS BigEndian (used by the FreeBSD, OpenBSD, and NetBSD operating systems).
• Full access to the system disk even when the Apple's System Integrity Protection is enabled.
Please note, that when a file is being deleted on the HFS, HFS+, HFSX file systems, the computer completely removes all system information on it, and there is no way to recover the deleted file except by using the Extra Search for Known File Types option. Nevertheless, R-Studio is able to read existing files from HFS, HFS+, and HFSX disks.
• File previewer to estimate recovery chances. It shows picture tiles and first frames of video files as icons, and supports a large number of video/audio/graphic/document file formats. These files can be played back without their respective applications installed.
• Support for known file types. R-Studio searches for files with known typical features of their structures allowing the user to search for files on devices with unknown files systems, including an HD, CD, DVD, floppy disk, Compact Flash Card, USB drive, ZIP drive, Memory Sticks, and other removable media.
• Scan process visualization. While scanning an object, R-Studio graphically shows items that have been found, including files of known types, FAT and NTFS MFT records, boot records, etc.
• Mass file recovery support.
• Support for estimation of chances for successful recovery.
• Support for file recovery lists - lists of files that can be exported from R-Studio , manually edited, and then loaded back. Files from such lists will be automatically marked for recovery.
• APM, Basic and GPT support. R-Studio supports all three partition schemes used to define the low-level organization of data on disks formatted for use with Macintosh computers.
• Dynamic disk support.
• Software RAID, volume set, and stripe set support. Support for RAID 6, RAID 5, and RAID 4 layouts. Support for custom RAID layouts. Parameters like block size and order, offsets, and even the number of stripe blocks can be explicitly specified. Custom RAID configurations can be saved.
• Support for Windows Storage Spaces , created by Windows 8/8.1 and Windows 10/Threshold 2/Anniversary/Fall Creators updates.
• Support for software Apple software RAIDs
• Support for Apple CoreStorage/File Vault/Fusion Drive Volumes
• Support for Linux mdadm Volumes
• Support for Linux LVM/LVM2
• RAID consistency check (check for valid data parity values).
• Hardware RAID, volume set, and stripe set support.
• Automatic RAID parameter recognition.
• Reverse RAIDs : A technique that decomposes real disk objects into virtual RAIDs. Then those components of reverse RAID scan be processed like real objects. They can be viewed, edited, imaged, copied to physical drives, etc. This technique also can re-construct data on the real parents of a virtual RAID. For example, it becomes possible to re-construct data on a missing disk.
• Creates image files for an entire hard drive, logical disk, or its part. Such image files can be processed like regular disks. Images can be either simple exact object copies (Plain images) compatible with the previous versions of R-Studio , or compressed images that can be compressed, split into several parts, and password-protected. Such images are fully compatible with the images created by R-Drive Image , but incompatible with the previous versions of R-Studio . Images can be connected to the operating system as devices which makes their content accessible to any program including any other data recovery software.
• Advanced object copy. In addition to byte to byte copy of any object visible in the Drives panel, smart copy of partitions and hard drives is available.
• Recovers files on damaged or deleted partitions.
• Recovers compressed files (NTFS, NTFS5).
• Recovers encrypted files (NTFS5).
• Recovers alternative data streams (NTFS, NTFS5).
• Support for NTFS deduplication.
• Support for Symbolic links. Symbolic link recovery options in the Technician version.
• Support for file system journal on the HFS+ and Ext3/4fs file systems.
• Support for soft updates journal on the UFS file system.
• Support for extended attributes on the HFS+, Ext3/4fs, and UFS file systems.
• Support for compressed files on the HFS+ file system.
• Extended file information ( R‑Studio Technician )
• Recognizes localized names.
• Recovered files can be saved on any (including network) disks visible by the host operating system.
• A hexadecimal disk and file editor supporting NTFS file non-resident attribute editing.
• Patterns (or templates) in the hexadecimal editor allowing for parsing the data according to specific data structure. Such patterns may be custom-created.
• Enhanced remote host scanning procedure. In the new R-Studio network versions, data are analyzed on the remote host rather than on the home host, thereby the speed of recovery procedure greatly increases.
• Recovered files may be saved on a disk on a connected remote computer rather than be transferred over network to the local one. Saving recovered files on a remote computer may be useful when the remote computer has a healthy disk because you do not have to transfer files over network. It may be an external USB hard drive, for example.
• Forensic mode . (For the Technician version only).
• Support for S.M.A.R.T. (Self-Monitoring, Analysis and Reporting Technology) attribute monitoring.
• Support for third-party hardware . (For the Technician version only).
• R-Studio Emergency* . The R-Studio Emergency version starts from a floppy or compact disk when it is necessary to recover data on a computer, on which Windows cannot start up because its system files are corrupted or deleted.
*The R-Studio Emergency is a part of the R-Studio software package. When you buy an R-Studio single license you may run the R-Studio Emergency or/and install the R-Studio Windows version on one PC only and you may not transfer the licensed software to another PC.
R-Studio recovers files:
• That have been removed without Trash , or when Trash has been emptied;
• Removed by virus attack or power failure;
• After the partition with the files was reformatted, even for different file system;
• When the partition structure on a hard drive was changed or damaged. In this case, R-Studio can scan the drive trying to find previously existed partitions and recover files from found partitions.
• From disks with bad sectors. In this case, R-Studio can first copy the entire disk or its part into an image file and then process such image file.
R-Studio can create image files for an entire hard drive, logical disk, or its part. Such image files can be processed like regular disks. Images are very useful if there is a risk of total data loss due to hardware malfunction. If bad blocks are constantly appearing on a hard drive, the only way to save the data is to immediately create an image of that drive. All data search, scan and recovery can be done from this image.