Made the classic mistake of working too hard with too little sleep. Working on my own stuff so I didn`t take the precautions I should have.
Needless to say a RAID0 set created using Apple`s Disk Utility was broken and formatted as a new RAID0. I immediately recognized my mistake and shut down the server.
After some web surfing and saki I found R-Studio.
After the other utilities I normally use failed, R-Studio was able to create an image of the broken (and reformatted) RAID disks.
The entire volume was recovered, hierarchy intact. What a beautiful gift. Especially at the price. How generous, thanks!